What is Health Online?
Health Online is a library of the patient and family health education materials used at University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Most materials contained on this site have been authored by UW Medicine clinicians and staff.
Each record includes a link to a pdf of the handout, a summary of the information it contains, the authoring department, and publication date. Some titles also include translations into non-English languages.
Health Online Search Tips
- Search by keyword, topic, or department, or all three.
- TO REFINE YOUR SEARCH: Use quotation marks when searching for two or more words that you want linked together. For instance:
- Searching for heart disease will bring up all handouts with either "heart" or "disease" in the title or abstract.
- Searching for "heart disease" will bring up only those handouts that mention "heart disease" in the title or abstract.
- Advanced search offers additional search filters.
For UW Medicine Clinicians
Adding Your Department's Education Materials to Health Online